Monday, October 27, 2008

Bricktown Canal

This is what I think is the best part of the Brickyard - the canal system. You can see the yellow boats at the top of the picture. They run a circular route with a captain giving interesting facts about the area. It's not a short ride, it's nice and long and gives you a good feel for the area, and at the halfway point, where the turn around it, is the bronze sculpture that is at the top of this page, although there is much more to it. It is well worth the ride. I'll have more pictures of this area and parts of the canal ride, cause it's a great thing to see in OKC.

4 comments:

Me said...

That looks really cool. Definitely a must see...and it looks like it would be relaxing as well.

Vicki said...

It is, it's a cool ride, a little rough on the neck cause you're whipping it around all the time trying to take everything in, but they did a really cool job with it. You ought to bring the family unit and come see it some time with me.

Heather said...

You are getting some great pictures from OKC, nice job! I admit I really enjoyed the Brickyard when I was there and riding the little boats up and down the canal. You should try and get some pictures of the Haunted House while its going, its one of the best I have been to in a long while.

Vicki said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot it's that season. My friends went last year and had a great time. That's a great idea. I'll do that if I can. Thanks.